In today’s world every young aspirant desire to have a safe and secure future in the government sector. The government jobs seem to attract young generation because they can have get a coveted post and have a bright future for themselves. That’s why most of them prefer government jobs over any private job.
Many government sectors like Staff selection commission exam, UPSC Civil service exam, banking exam and Railway exam are the best option for the aspirants. However, it is easier to set a goal then to secure the name in the merit list.
It requires arduous practice and determination to convert your goals into reality. Right from the beginning of the preparation phrase, one must decide which position they want in public sector because it’ll help candidates to identify exact selection procedure and know steps involved.
Getting a government job is a dream of majority of Indians. The given points will help you in your ways to get closer to make your dream a reality. Keep these top-notch tips in mind to crack government exam:
- Get detailed syllabus - It is the most crucial part of any preparation you must have proper knowledge of syllabus prior you prepare any strategy as it can changes any year. It also helps you to evaluate the kind and type questions that can be asked in the exam and be prepared for that. It is necessary to understand the pattern of the exam before starting the preparation. Subjects like Math, English, general awareness must be covered elaborately as per syllabus and need consistent practice.
- Previous year paper – Previous year papers of a particular exam plays a vital role in any preparation as it gives you clearer vision of what type of questions are being asked in examination. By doing so you can evaluate yourself as per the level of exam. Try to solve previous year question papers in stipulated time and have an idea to analyze the exam you are preparing for. After going through the paper refer some good books that are summarize the topics.
on Concepts – Conceptual
clearance is the key when you understand the
pattern and syllabus asked in examination it becomes easy to prepare yourself. You
have to decide your strong and weak zones so that you can give required time to
learn the basic concepts and formulas. Thus, every concept must be thoroughly
understood so that you are able to solve the problems in mock tests. Remember that
the cramming of the questions will not lead you anywhere.
- Guidance before preparation – Before starting anything make sure your vision is clear. There is a plethora of material to dig into and get prepared for the exam. Don’t rely on the single source and always gain knowledge from multiple sources, ask your seniors, other government job candidates, coaching friends etc. In addition to that, there are several online sites, forum, mobile application that helps in your study and achieve your dream.
- Test series & question banks – One thing that would definitely help you in the exam is the mock test /test series with good amount of genuine questions. You should make it a habit to solve at least one test series daily to keep yourself updated and check on your performance. Mock tests are integral part of any preparation through which helps to caliber the weak and strong areas and enhance your accuracy ultimately, make improvement accordingly.
or offline mode – Before startingthe
preparation there is dilemma amongst students whether to choose coaching or
not? Both classroom and online study has their own merits. You may take
coaching if you think you are facing problems during preparation or may take
help from YouTube and online courses. Well, in coaching classes there is fixed
time table and they also provide us some extra knowledge regarding the
subjects, exam etc, but at the same time one has to focus on study on their own.
If one attends coaching classes then also one would have to spend more time on
- Time management – Time plays a crucial role in your selection. You must use it wisely. The Management of the available time before exam is of utmost importance. Have well defined routine to follow and put it somewhere you can see it easily & strictly follow. Provide each subject a strategically managed time also revision must be managed. During exam you must solve questions within time frame hence, you must practice with timer so that you’ll know how to work under pressure. Candidate must figure out which section is important and scoring and how much time slot you must devote during exam.
- Total 7-8 hours daily study is sufficient for good preparation
- Set the target time to complete the topic
- Make notes during study, which helps in the last time of exam
- Make a study plan and try to finish your syllabus 1 month before exam
- Find out weak and strong section or topic and work on it will initially improve your score and boost your confidence
- Always remember, all questions in exam are not possible to attempt hence, allot your time to the questions that you are 100% sure as there is a negative marking as well.
- General knowledge– It is the section which is comes in every competitive exam and have limitless syllabus. For enhancing general knowledge keep track of happenings in the world. Candidates can refer NCERT books 6-10 class History, Geography, Science and Social Science etc. Also, go through the daily newspapers like The Hindu, Hindustan times, Economics Times.
Revision – Revision
goes hand in hand with studying new topics so that you don’t forget what you had
studied earlier. After completing topics you must spare some time to revise the
attempted questions and left out if any. Making small notes would help you in
memorizing everything but also helps in revision.
- Stay motivated and focused – Last but not least, stay positive, confident and focused towards your goals and have patience it is the only key to crack any government exam. Always wake up with the goal in your mind and motivate yourself to cover the topics as planned. Remember stressing out would not help you in any way. Stay determined, work smart and achieve. Your dedication and the intensity you put in will decide your success.